Restaurant and Bar Insurance policies for KY
Dave Walkenhorst Agency will protect your Restaurant from Loss.
Every restaurant is unique. Therefore, the insurance program protecting each establishment should be unique, too.
The most common types of restaurant insurance available include :
- Property Insurance – Protects your property in case of fire or other events. It may not cover natural disasters, such as floods or earthquakes (see below for a policy that does.) If you have any kind of mortgage on your business and/or equipment, then you should carry a property insurance policy.
- General Liability – This is the umbrella policy that protects you in the event someone slips and falls in your restaurant, gets sick after eating there (whether it was your fault or not). This is a must have in today’s sometime sue-happy world.
- Liquor Liability – Most states require that any establishment holding a liquor license carry liquor liability as part of their insurance. It helps protect you if a customer has too much to drink and drives and hurts themselves or someone else.
- Automobile Liability – If you have a company vehicle, this is a good insurance to have. It may be covered in your general liability, but always check with our insurance agent first.
- Workers Compensation – Protects you if an employee is hurt at work. Most states require that all employers carry some type of workers’ comp.
Some exposures are easy to spot; however, others take time and attention. For example, how does one quantify the potential loss due to an interruption of business, and how is that information properly related to the coverage provided by the restaurant insurance policy? If outside power fails, what damage can that cause and to what extent can that potential financial loss be protected? Is your food covered for spoilage? Do you have adequate protection in the event of a liquor liability claim? Are you properly protected from a claim arising from a delivery of food?
Through Dave Walkenhorst Agency’s Unique Programs, We Provide: The best possible (cost/coverage), combination for your restaurant’s property, and casualty insurance needs.
An experienced staff, who understands the challenges of running a restaurant and the coverages needed to protect your business. Outstanding service geared to deliver results without delay. A customized insurance program to meet your specific assets and exposures, at a price you can afford.